Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thai Green Chicken Curry (TGCC) - nyum nyum

Emmm emm....nyummy!! hehehe (giving myself the credit ;P). Just cooked this recipe today.
Dunno whats gotten into me that I wanted to cook and try out this recipe because honestly..I don't cook that much. But don't underestimate me ok, I still can cook huhu.

Anyone who likes to cook, try this recipe, very very tasty(recipe included)
Actually, I first tasted TGCC at this restaurant named Thai Base, Damansara. Cooking and eating TGCC definitely brings back the memories that me and my D'corp friends have while having our meals there (miss u guyz!!) . The food there was tasty and it was at affordable price (at the beginning of the month hehe).

Anyway, for those who want to try this recipe, here it is :


Green Curry Chicken

2 tablespoons oil
1 medium onion
1 stalk lemongrass
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
3 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
2 kaffir lime leaves
3 cups coconut milk
1 1/2 pounds chicken
Sea salt
1 lime
1 handfull Cilantro leaves

1. Heat oil
2. Saute the onion
3. Add in lemongrass, ginger, curry paste and lime leaves
4. Pour in the coconut milk
5. Lay the chicken pieces in the mixture to poach
6. Add a pinch of salt
7. Stir together and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes
8. Squeeze in the lime juice and cilantro

Thai Green Curry Paste

2 tablespoons coriander powder
1 tablespoon cumin seeds powder
1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
8 green chiles
2 shallots
4 garlic cloves
1 handful cilantro
2-inch piece galangal
2 lemon grass stalks
2 kaffir lime leaves
1 tablespoon shrimp paste
1/2 cup water

Add in everything into a blender and blend blend blend

Happy Cooking :D

2 comments: