Monday, November 9, 2009

Where on earth am I?

This one day I decided that it was like a perfect day to unwind, relax my mind, and distress myself. So what other treatment would do as well as shopping err more likely WINDOW shopping hehe tight on budget laaa. OK anyway, me and my friends decided to meet up at an LRT station ( No point driving to KL anyway, hate traffic jams). So as I waited for my friends a foreigner came to me and asked “Excuse me, can you tell me how to get to KLCC?” As we Malaysians are courteous to tourists in our country (esp westerners, opppss), so I politely explained to him how to get there with a certain feeling of proudness because as I looked around there were some other tourists, so I guess that Malaysia is a great place to visit. But then again…are they really tourist? they don’t look like tourist though, they look quite comfortable here, as if it is their own home sweet home.

Anyway, my friends arrived and we head to the mall. We were hungry so went straight to the food court. We ordered our food, but apparently this guy (definitely not Malaysian nor Indonesian) couldn’t quite understand what we were saying (why did this restaurant hired them anyway?)And then, when I looked around to the other restaurants, I realized that the workers (or is it possible that they are actually the owners?) are mostly Indonesian.

Then we went pass this shop where this middle eastern couple were arguing with the owner about something. In another corner, their kids were playing and messing around with the stuffs in the shop. But anyway, we continued our mission to window shop every single shop in that mall. After a whole day and we were sure that our feet could barely move , we made our way back to the LRT station. And there was this group of Bangladeshi and that looked and stared at us. That really made us feel nervous.

When I saw the news later in the evening, an African guy raped, beat and killed this girl, the child of his girl friend. I thought ...where on earth am I? Feeling insecure at our own place, it is like we don’t belong here. Who can tell me that they are not afraid.? Don’t get me wrong here by labeling me racist or anything. Yes of course they are open to live here, to work here, to study here, but with all these cases involving them nowadays are really bugging me (not just bug actually). Oh yes, and anyway, it is not impossible that we maybe will be having US immigrants maybe?

1 Malaysia, 1 world? Hmmm..now I know….

No comments:

Post a Comment