Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Passion

Some ppl find it easy, I mean come on, is it so hard to find something that you really like that you’re passionate about? But apparently, I don’t find it easy. For the last couple of weeks I’ve been thinking about what I like to do, what I love what I’m passionate about and till now I still don’t have the answer.

Maybe because I do something for the sake of just doing it not because I like it . I study IT because that is what I’ve been offered by UPU at that time, so I just went ahead and to think back, I didn’t even gave the offer a second thought. I just accepted it huhu. And that is for the sake of just continuing my studies.

And then I got a job offer from my company and also without much thought, I accepted it. Maybe because that was my first job offer and all and I was like overexcited to start working and being that so called adult haha for the sake of having a job, earning my own money and literally for the sake of living.

And it didn’t hit me back then, but now, I mean for like a year back, I’ve been thinking about all this. What have I been doing for the past few years? Is this the road, the route that I want in life, is this what I like, what I love doing?

I always have been told, heard and read about what you like is different from what you are supposed to do to live. What I want to say here is that what you like is maybe just a hobby or what you do on your leisure time for instance if you like music, singing or playing some kind of sports, although you like to do those activities, it will just remain as a hobby because you can’t make money for living out of it.

Yes, it is true that some ppl do make money out of doing such thing, like being a singer, actor or a professional footballer but just how many? So for the rest of us, we are stuck with a job that we have to do to earn money and that is just about it. I haven’t done a survey or what so ever but from what I read and heard, most ppl are not satisfied and don’t like their job. And it is because of the lack of passion. So maybe we should some how find that passion in the things that you do…how? I’m still searching how…maybe if you know how, you can tell me :D

2 comments: