Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ambition

Dunno why but I feel like writing about ambition today. Maybe because I’m feeling quite ambitious ? Perhaps ;P

Anyhow, I think all of you would still remember when your teacher asked you what do you want to be when you grow up? What is your ambition? And at that time maybe you would say doctor, teacher, police, accountant..and the list goes on. My ambition at that time was to be a doctor (now I’m sure that I know and you know that I didn’t became a doctor huhuhu). So just how many of you became what you wished and hoped you wanted to be? I really want to know.

Well want I want to point out here is that was then this is now, that was a dream..and this is reality, 2 different things. Yes of course you can make your dreams come true, but you yourself will have to determine it. Ambition is important but what is more important is your will.Your hard work. Your strive. That is more important.

I am not saying that having an ambition is not relevant because that is your goal. But if you just have a goal, a vision but you don’t do anything, so what will happen?

I remembered one day when I asked my father what was his ambition. He said that when he was little he only wanted to become a clerk. But it turned out that he became a lecturer because yup he did studied hard. So I can say that I am what I am today because of what I have done. I can conclude it as not so good but not that bad either. But there are still room for improvement rite? ;p

Maybe because we are adults now, so we can think realistically on what we can achieve. Like for now it is not about being a doctor..being a ceo or an engineer anymore. It is more on how to live our life. We became to realise that this life is not just about achieving your so called ambition that you dreamt of when you were in school. That is just a small portion of it…so strive to success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment